Piloting ECVET to the National VET systems of Russia and Uzbekistan (RUECVET, 2016-2019)
Reg. Number: 574097-EPP-1-2016-1-CY-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Grant Holder: Liepajas University (LIEPU)
LInk to European Commission Website
National Training Centre RUECVET RSVPU
The overall aim of the project is to create a long-term platform for piloting ECVET in the national HE &VET systems of the two Partner Countries (Russia &Uzbekistan), in order to promote and facilitate compatibility, comparability and complementarity of VET qualifications both horizontally (within VET) and vertically (from VET to HE) at national and transnational level.
- The first specific aim of the project is to create tools and procedures of adopting ECVET in HE & VET Institutions of Russia and Uzbekistan
- The second specific aim is to raise awareness about the benefits of the ECVET features through a number of highly target dissemination and exploitation activities by means of four (4) ECVET National Training Centres (2 in Russia and 2 in Uzbekistan) established on the base of acknowledged HEIs providing VET teacher training.
The project implementation will center around the following activities.
- To facilitate and support the transfer and adaption of the ECVET to the national educational system of the two Partner Countries through a specific set of Recommendations/Methodological Tools based on pilot testing results;
- To develop a network of key HE & VET institutions on the base of four National ECVETTraining Centres and to train its personnel and teachers.
- To train VET teachers and other representatives of all target groups to use ECVET;
- To create collection of resources, teaching materials, notes, stories and references intended to support National Training Centres and sponsors in convening and running Open Space Technology for accumulation and dissemination;
- To develop a common approach for a common assessment and validation process for credit transfer at national and transnational level following the ECVET methodology;
- To develop the multi-dimensional roadmap of ECVET evolution in Russia and Uzbekistan;
- To approve activities, methods and results by national Ministries of Education.
The credit transfer procedure will be tested between the consortium institutions on two levels:
- ECVET for facilitating transnational mobility between the consortium Partner Countries (Russia and Uzbekistan) and the Programme Countries (Cyprus, Malta and Latvia);
- ECVET for facilitating lifelong learning with emphasis on the transparency and comparability of VET qualifications both horizontally (within the VET context) as well as vertically (with higher education ECTS). The special accent in the project will be given to exploration of the interaction between higher and vocational education in specific areas where a strong overlap and cooperation between HE & VET, such as hospitality, business management, engineering, IT, are observed.
The project output will be the platform ready for introducing ECVET in the national educational systems of two Partner Countries.
Expert teams from three HEIs in three Programme Countries (Cyprus, Malta and Slovakia) will form the expert consultation group for transferring ECVET methodology and best practices to the rest of the consortium partners.
1. University of Nicosia (a member of EDEX-Educational Excellence Corporation Limited) (UNIC)
2. Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology (MCAST)
3. Liepajas University (LIEPU)
4. Russian State Vocational Pedagogical University (RSVPU)
5. Tver State University (TSU)
6. Voronezh State University (VSU)
7. Novosibirsk College of Chemical Technologies named after D.I. Mendeleev (NCTC)
8. Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography (MIIGAiK)
9. Nukus State Pedagogical Institute named after Ajiniyaz (NukSPI)
10. Navoi State Pedagogical Institute (NSPI)
11. Kokand State Pedagogical Institute (KSPI)
The prоject is funded by the European Commission and reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.